Remember to protect your roof. Summer is a great time of year to get outside do some wakeboarding, waterskiing, hiking, running, or just enjoying the sun. And, while it may not be your first thought, summer is also a great time to check your roof.
Here are a few things you should check for:
- That your gutters are free of debris.
- Cracked or missing shingles.
- That your fans are working properly.
- Any mold anywhere.
- Water stains anywhere.
- That your sealants are in good condition.
It is also a good idea to take pictures of your roof every year. This way, you can assess if any there are any areas of your roof that are deteriorating faster than others, if there are any new water stains or mold, or missing sealant or shingles.
Once you have checked your roof, here are a few things that are helpful to do every year to help maintain your roof in good condition:
- Clean your gutters.
- Repair or replace any cracked or missing shingles.
- Repair any damaged sealant.
- Remove any mold and fix any leaks that can be causing water damage.
- Block all the places where small creatures can invade.
Protect your roof while the weather is nice is not just good insurance for when the weather isn’t nice, but also for life of your roof – and what your roof protects, which is your house.
This article is brought to you by Blue Sky Solar and Roofing, a solar and roofing restoration company with offices in Dallas, Texas, and Denver, Colorado. Blue Sky specializes in solar roofing, sustainable roofing options and excellent customer service.